United Kingdom, Waterloo Roll Call 1815 - FamilySearch Historical Records
|Access the Records|
United Kingdom, Waterloo Roll Call 1815
|This article describes a collection of records at FamilySearch.org.|
|Flag of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland|
|Location of United Kingdom|
|Location of the United Kingdom in Europe|
|Waterloo Roll Call 1815. Arms and Armour Press, London|
- 1 What is in This Collection?
- 2 What Can These Records Tell Me?
- 3 Collection Content
- 4 How Do I Search This Collection?
- 5 What Do I Do Next?
- 6 Citing This Collection
What is in This Collection?[edit | edit source]
The Waterloo Roll Call is a list of 3,999 British servicemen who were present at the Battle of Waterloo in Belgium on 18 June 1815.
Image Visibility[edit | edit source]
Whenever possible FamilySearch makes images and indexes available for all users. However, rights to view these data are limited by contract and subject to change. Because of this there may be limitations on where and how images and indexes are available or who can see them. Please be aware some collections consist only of partial information indexed from the records and do not contain any images. For additional information about image restrictions see Restrictions for Viewing Images in FamilySearch Historical Record Collections.
What Can These Records Tell Me?[edit | edit source]
The following information may be found in these records:
Collection Content[edit | edit source]
Sample Images[edit | edit source]
How Do I Search This Collection?[edit | edit source]
Before searching this collection, it is helpful to know:
- The person's name
Search the Index[edit | edit source]Search by name on the Collection Details Page.
- Fill in the search boxes in the Search Collection section with the information you know
- Click Search to show possible matches
How Do I Analyze the Results?[edit | edit source]
Compare each result from your search with what you know to determine if there is a match. This may require viewing multiple records or images. Keep track of your research in a research log.
What Do I Do Next?[edit | edit source]
I Found the Person I Was Looking For, What Now?[edit | edit source]
- Add the new information to your records
- Use the information to find the person in other records
- Analyze the entry to see if it provides additional clues to find other records of the person or their family
I Can’t Find the Person I’m Looking For, What Now?[edit | edit source]
- The person may be recorded with an abbreviated or variant form of their name
- Try searching by surname only
Research Helps[edit | edit source]
- Scotland Guided Research, Ireland Guided Research, England Guided Research
- Scotland Record Finder, Ireland Record Finder, Wales Record Finder England Record Finder
- Scotland Research Tips and Strategies, Ireland Research Tips and Strategies, Wales Research Tips and Strategies, England Research Tips and Strategies
Related Family History Library Holdings[edit | edit source]
- Dalton, Charles, 1850-1913. The Waterloo roll call
Related Digital Books[edit | edit source]
- Dalton, Charles, 1850-1913. The Waterloo roll call : with biographical notes and anecdotes
Citing This Collection[edit | edit source]
Citations help you keep track of places you have searched and sources you have found. Identifying your sources helps others find the records you used.
The citation for this collection can be found on the Collection Details Page in the section Citing this Collection.
When looking at a record, the citation can be viewed by clicking the drop-down arrow next to Document Information.