United Arab Emirates Civil Registration
|United Arab Emirates Wiki Topics|
|United Arab Emirates Background|
|Local Research Resources|
How to Find the Records[edit | edit source]
Offices to Contact[edit | edit source]
The following handle current and lost births and deaths, but may not help with genealogical requests.
Ministry of Health and Prevention
Muhaisna 2, Sheikh Muhammed bin Zayed Road
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
(Opp. Etisalat Metro Station- Beside Etisalat Academy)
Customer Service Telephone: +971 800 111 11, +971 4 230 1000
Marriages are handled by the state courts of each emirate:
Abu Dhabi Judicial Department (ADJD – Shari’a Courts)
Baniyas Najda Street
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Phone: +971 800 2353
Abu Dhabi Judicial Department (ADJD)
Musaffah Street 4th Street
Al Madina Al Riyadiya, Abu Dhabi
Landmark: Near Zayed Sport City
P.O.Box: 84, Abu Dhabi
Tel: +971 2 6512222
Fax: +971 2 6512222
Historical Background[edit | edit source]
Organisation of the civil registration system
1. The Department of Preventive Medicine under the Ministry of Health is
responsible for the registration of births and deaths. The registration of marriages
and divorces is covered by the state courts under the Ministry of Justice.
2. Both births and deaths are to be reported to the nearest health center and the
information will be forwarded to the Ministry of Health for registration and for
entering into a database.
3. The registration of marriage and divorce goes through state courts formally and the courts provide the completed registration forms to the Central Statistics Department for compilation and analysis. 
There are seven emirates (kingdoms/states) consisting of Abu Dhabi (the capital), Ajman, Dubai, Fujairah, Ras Al Khaimah, Sharjah and Umm Al Quwain.
For more information about marriages, see Marriage - The Official Portal of the UAE Government.
Coverage and Compliance[edit | edit source]
Information Recorded in the Records[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- U.S. Embassy & Consulate in the United Arab Emirates, (accessed 4 May 2020)
- etisalat Yellow Pages, Abu Dhabi Judicial Department (ADJD), (accessed 4 May 2020)
- Civil Registration and Vital Statistics Knowledgebase, United Arab Emirates Microsoft Word - United Arab Emirates CR VS 2008.doc, found under Attachments, (accessed 2 May 2020).