Twyford, Berkshire Genealogy
Guide to Twyford, Berkshire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Hundred||Amesbury; Charlton; Sonning|
|County||Berkshire, England Genealogy|
|Poor Law Union||Wokingham|
|Parish registers: 1832|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1847|
|Diocese||Pre-1836 - Salisbury; Post-1835 - Oxford|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Berkshire|
|Location of Archive|
|Berkshire Record Office|
Parish History[edit | edit source]
TWYFORD, a chapelry, with a village, in Hurst parish, Berks; on the Great Western railway, at the junction of the branch to Henley, 5 miles ENE of Reading.  It is located next to the parishes of Hurst, Sonning, Wargrave, and Ruscombe. Records for this chapelry will mainly be found in Hurst, but may also be found in these other parishes.
Twyford is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Berkshire, created in 1848 from Hurst Ecclesiastical Parish. Additional descriptions of this parish are available online at Genuki.org.uk.
Resources[edit | edit source]
Find Neighboring Parishes[edit | edit source]
- Type the name of the parish in the search bar
- Click on the location pin on the map
- Choose Options from the pop up box
- Click "List Contiguous Parishes" to find the neighboring parishes
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
The Church of England (Anglican) became the official state religion in 1534, with the reigning monarch as its Supreme Governor.
Non-Conformist refers to all other religious denominations that are not the official state religion.
Church of England[edit | edit source]
Due to the increasing access of online records:
- Individual parish coverage for databases in this table are inconsistent and should be verified
- Dates in the following table are approximate
Hover over the collection's title for more information
|Twyford Online Parish Records|
|Parish Registers - FamilySearch Catalog|
|Bishop's Transcripts - FamilySearch Catalog|
|Find My Past-Berkshire ($)|
|Ancestry-England & Wales, Birth, Christening, Marriage and Death Indexes ($)|
|Databases with Known Incomplete Parish Coverage|
|Boyd's Marriage Indexes-FMP (Free)|
These databases have incomplete parish coverage.
- Joiner Marriage Index - Berkshire ($)
- The Genealogist Parish Registers - Berkshire ($)
- Oxfordshire Family History Society - Berkshire
- UK Websites for Parish Records - Links to online genealogical records
- Online Genealogical Index - Links to online genealogical records
Non-Conformists (All other Religions)[edit | edit source]
Census Records[edit | edit source]
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Probate Records[edit | edit source]
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Berkshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Websites[edit | edit source]
Twyford in GENUKI
References[edit | edit source]
- 1870-72, John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales. Date accessed: 3 October 2013.