Tooele Valley Utah Family History Center
Don't Miss Tooele East Stake Family History Fair[edit | edit source]
Saturday, November 14, 2020 - 9:00am - 1:00pm (Online Only)[edit | edit source]
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Center Contacts and Hours[edit | edit source]
- 751 North 520 East Tooele Utah 84074 United States
- The center is in the back of the Tooele East Stake Center.
- 1 435-882-1396
- Julie K. Thomas 435-843-7068
Assistant FHC Director:
- Ann Moss 435-882-1062 or 435-849-4842
- Tuesday and Thursday: 10:00-4:00, 7:00 pm.-9:00 pm.
- Wednesday: 10:00 am. - 4:00 pm.
- Friday:10:00 am. - 4:00 pm.
- Saturday by appointment only. (For an appointment, call center during business hours. Phone: 435-882-1396.
- Closed for National Holidays
- Summer Breaks include the following:
- The week of the 4th of July for Independence Day
- The week of the 24th of July for Pioneer Day
- Closed Thanksgiving Week.
- Closed two weeks for Christmas
Calendar and Events[edit | edit source]
Next FAMILY HISTORY FAIR will be in 2020
Information to follow
Tooele East Stake Center
751 North 520 East, Tooele, Utah
Use the links below to print handouts from previous classes.
Sue Maxwell’s classes (Relief Society Room)
Martin Pendley’s classes (Overflow)
Van Celaya’s classes (Cultural Hall A)
Robert Givens’ classes (Chapel 1st-3rd hour)
Brandon Butts’ class (Chapel 4th hour)
C. Lynn Andersen classes (Primary Room)
Collections[edit | edit source]
Films may be sent to this center when ordered from the:*FamilySearch Catalog: :*
Small library of books that consists of biographies, genealogies, family histories, histories, maps, genealogical reference guides and vital records etc. Use link below to access a list of our books.
FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Equipment[edit | edit source]
- 12 Lenovo ThinkCentre all in one computers.
- A digital film reader that prints the documents and can also save the document to a flash drive or cd.
- four manual film readers and one microfiche reader.
Center Services[edit | edit source]
Staff Research Specialties[edit | edit source]
Our staff specialties include the following:
- Family Trees
- Record Management Programs
- Google Research
- Free Research Websites
We always strive to have enough staff so that each patron who comes in can have one-on-one help.
Volunteer at the Center[edit | edit source]
The center is always looking for volunteers. The shifts are 3 hours long. 10:00-1:00, 1:00-4:00 and two hour shifts in the evenings 7:00-9:00 pm. You can choose the shift. It is not necessary to be an expert in family history.
Links[edit | edit source]
- FamilySearch Research Wiki: What It Can Do For You!: A comprehensive video presentation explaining the Wiki, navigating it, and some especially useful pages. Case studies demonstrate using the Wiki for genealogical research. Editing and adding articles to the Wiki are covered.