Tilbrook, Bedfordshire Genealogy
Guide to Tilbrook, Bedfordshire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|County||Bedfordshire, England Genealogy|
|Poor Law Union||Woburn|
|Parish registers: 1649|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1602|
|Diocese||Pre-1837 - Lincoln; Post-1836 - Ely|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Bedford|
|Location of Archive|
|Bedfordshire Record Office|
Parish History[edit | edit source]
TILBROOK (All Saints), a parish, in the union of St. Neots, hundred of Stodden, county of Bedford, l½ mile NW by W from Kimbolton. 
Resources[edit | edit source]
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Church records[edit | edit source]
Tilbrook, Bedfordshire Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|HUNT = Huntingdonshire Burials (findmypast) - (£)|
|IGI = International Genealogical Index (FamilySearch) - free|
|NBI = National Burial Index (findmypast) - (£)|
|Tilbrook, Bedfordshire Genealogy Online Parish Records|
To find the names of the neighbouring parishes, use England Jurisdictions 1851. In this site, search for the name of the parish, click on the location "pin", click Options and click List contiguous parishes.
Non-Conformist Churches[edit | edit source]
Census records[edit | edit source]
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Probate records[edit | edit source]
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Bedfordshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Poor Law Unions[edit | edit source]
- St Neots
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
• England Jurisdictions 1851
• Vision of Britain
Websites[edit | edit source]
Tilbrook on GENUKI
References[edit | edit source]
- Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 357-360. Date accessed: 21 November 2013.
- 'Huntingdonshire Burials,' findmypast (WayBack Machine), accessed 26 April 2014.
- Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Bedfordshire, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 21 April 2014.
- 'National Burial Index - Huntingdonshire Coverage,' findmypast (WayBack Machine), accessed 18 April 2014.
1. ↑ 1. John M. Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales, publ. London Edinburgh: 1870; see at: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/descriptions/entry_page.jsp?text_id=908440&word=NULL