Thundersley, Essex Genealogy
Guide to Thundersley, Essex ancestry, family history, and genealogy. Parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
St. Peter Thundersley Essex
|County||Essex, England Genealogy|
|Poor Law Union||Billericay Rochford|
|Parish registers: 1569|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1639; 1800|
|Diocese||Pre-1846 - London; Post-1845 - Rochester|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Essex|
|Location of Archive|
|Essex Record Office|
Parish History[edit | edit source]
Thundersley, is a parish in Rochford district, Essex; it is 1¾ mile SW of Rayleigh and 2¼ miles NE of Benfleet railway station. The post town is Rayleigh under Chelmsford.
Resources[edit | edit source]
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Church records[edit | edit source]
Thundersley parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|ESSEX = EssexAncestors - (£)|
|Thundersley Online Parish Records|
- Online images are available Essex Record Office See also Daws Heath Evangelical Church
- Bishop's transcripts for Thundersley, 1639-1640 Microfilm of original records at the Guildhall Library, London.
In Copies of parish registers brought in at visitations, various dates / Church of England. Diocese of London.
- Baptisms, marriages, burials, 1639-1640 (185th parish). FHL BRITISH Film 413721
- Bishop's transcripts for Thundersley, 1800-1868 Microfilm copy of original at Essex Record Office in Chelmsford, England. Essex Record Office, Chelmsford, reference: D/CR 364.
- Bishop's transcripts for Thundersley, 1800-1868 Microfilm copy of original at Essex Record Office in Chelmsford, England.High reduction (42x) microfilm. Use high magnification reader.
Essex Record Office, Chelmsford, reference: D/CR 364. Baptisms, burials, 1800-1803, 1813-1833, 1849-1868; marriages, 1800-1803, 1813-1834. FHL BRITISH Film 1702645 Item 3
Non-Conformist Churches[edit | edit source]
- 1613-1971 England, Essex Non-Conformist Church Records, 1613-1971 at FamilySearch - How to Use this Collection; index (dates may vary by parish)
Census records[edit | edit source]
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Poor Law Unions[edit | edit source]
- Due to the size and location of the parish part Billericay Poor Law Union, Essex Genealogy part
Probate records[edit | edit source]
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Essex Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Websites[edit | edit source]
Thundersley on GENUKI
Essex Ancestors - offers images of genealogical records for the county of Essex ($)