Thorpe Achurch with Lilford, Northamptonshire Genealogy
Guide to Thorpe Achurch with Lilford, Northamptonshire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Thorpe Achurch with Lilford, Northamptonshire|
|County||Northamptonshire, England Genealogy|
|Poor Law Union||Oundle|
|Parish registers: 1591; Separate registers exist for Lilford beginning 1560|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1701; Separate records exist for Lilford beginning 1701|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop of Peterborough (Episcopal Consistory)|
|Location of Archive|
|Northamptonshire Record Office|
Parish History[edit | edit source]
THORPE-ACHURCH (St. John the Baptist), a parish, in the union of Oundle, hundred of Navisford, N. division of the county of Northampton, 4¼ miles (N. N. E.) from Thrapston; with the vicarage of Lilford annexed. 
Resources[edit | edit source]
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Church Records[edit | edit source]
Thorpe Achurch parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|THORPE ACHURCH PARISH Online Records|
Lilford cum Wigsthorpe parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|LILFORD CUM WIGSTHORPE PARISH Online Records|
|FREG||1560-1778, 1813-1919||1560-1803, 1813-1835||1560-1778, 1813-1972|
- 1840-1894 England, Northamptonshire, Non-conformist Records, 1840-1894 at FamilySearch - How to Use this Collection; index (dates may vary by parish)
Census Records[edit | edit source]
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Probate Records[edit | edit source]
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Northamptonshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Websites[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England, (1848). Adapted. Date accessed: 27 November 2013.
- 'Northamptonshire, England, Baptisms, 1813-1912', Ancestry, accessed 5 March 2015.
- 'Northamptonshire, England, Burials, 1813-1912', Ancestry, accessed 5 March 2015.
- Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Digital Library.
- 'Northamptonshire Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 29 November 2014.
- 'Parish Records - Coverage', The Parish Register Transcription Society, accessed 27 September 2013.