Thorndon, Suffolk Genealogy
Guide to Thorndon, Suffolk ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poor Law Union||Hartismere|
|Parish registers: 1538|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1564|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Sudbury|
|Location of Archive|
|Suffolk Record Office|
Parish History[edit | edit source]
THORNDON (All Saints), a parish, in the union and hundred of Hartismere, W. division of Suffolk, 3 miles (S. by W.) from Eye.
Resources[edit | edit source]
- Thorndon in the FamilySearch Catalog
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Church records[edit | edit source]
Thorndon, Suffolk Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Thorndon, Suffolk Genealogy Online Parish Records|
Parish Registers began in the 1500s. They can be viewed at the Suffolk Record Office. There are Bishop Transcripts and Parish Registers that have been filmed for most parishes in the County. See the Suffolk Church Records article for further details.
| This section requires expansion with:
Information about parish registers, Bishop’s Transcripts, parish chest records, non-conformist and other types of church records. Also, add links to online parish collections. Make reference to records found in the FamilySearch Catalog. To locate resources, look at Suffolk Parishes in the FamilySearch Catalogue.
Census records[edit | edit source]
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Probate records[edit | edit source]
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Suffolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Websites[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 331-335. Date accessed: 09 October 2013.
- 'Suffolk Marriage Index (1813-37) Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 9 December 2013.
- Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Digital Library.
- Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Suffolk, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 10 December 2013.
- 'Parish Records - National Burial Index Records 1538 - 2005 Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 4 December 2013.
- 'Parish Records,' TheGenealogist, accessed 26 April 2014.