Tettenhall Regis, Staffordshire Genealogy
Guide to Tettenhall Regis, Staffordshire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Tettenhall Regis, Staffordshire|
|Hundred||North Seisdon; South Seisdon|
|County||Staffordshire, England Genealogy|
|Poor Law Union||Seisdon|
|Parish registers: 1602|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1687|
|Probate Court||Court of the Peculiar of Tettenhall|
|Location of Archive|
|Staffordshire Record Office|
Parish History[edit | edit source]
Tettenhall Regis is an Ancient Parish in the county of Staffordshire. Other places in the parish include: Bovenhill, Compton, Pendeford, Wrottesley, Tettenhall Clericorum, Tettenhall Wood, and Pirton with Trescott.
TETTENHALL-REGIS (St. Michael), a parish, in the union of Seisdon, partly in the N. and partly in the S. division of the hundred of Seisdon, S. division of the county of Stafford, 1¾ mile (N. W.) from Wolverhampton. There is a place of worship for Wesleyans. 
A History of the Parish of Tettenhall, in the County of Stafford (1894) has been digitised by Google Books - free.
Resources[edit | edit source]
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Church records[edit | edit source]
Tettenhall Regis St Michael and All Angels Ancient parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|TETTENHALL REGIS PARISH (1598) Online Records|
|FMP||1602-1876||1602-1876||1602-1875||1602-1875||1602-1876, 1884-1900||1602-1876, 1884-1900|
|FS||1602-1741, 1800-1813, 1880-1900||1602-1875|
|WOLV||1602-1741, 1813-1820||1602-1929||1602-1877, 1884-1932|
Tettenhall Wood Christ Church was formed in 1868 from this parish
Tettenhall Wood also had a mission church Castlecroft Good Shepherd
Deposited parish registers at Staffordshire Record Office Bap 1955-1976 Mar none Bur no burial ground
Tettenhall Christ the King was formed as a mission church in this parish from 1939 No records are deposited but are with the incumbent at the church
Census records[edit | edit source]
- 1532/3 - A List of Families in Tettenhall Regis, Staffordshire Genealogy 1532/3 FHL British Book 942.46 B4sc ser. 4 v. 8
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Poor Law Unions[edit | edit source]
Probate records[edit | edit source]
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Staffordshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Websites[edit | edit source]
Reference[edit | edit source]
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 314-321. Date accessed: 06 November 2012.
- 'British Isles Vital Records Index - 2nd Ed. Breakdown of Records', Genoot, accessed 11 September 2013.
- 'Staffordshire Parish Records Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 21 August 2014.
- 'Staffordshire Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 27 September 2014.
- 'IGI Batch Numbers for Stafford (N-Z), England', IGI Batch Numbers - British Isles and North America, accessed 23 September 2013.
- 'Parish Records - National Burial Index Records 1538 - 2005 Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 8 September 2013.
- 'Parish Register Indexes', The History of Wolverhampton: The City and Its People, accessed 20 August 2014.
- Ann J. Kettle, A List of Families in the Archdeaconry of Stafford, 1532-3 (Stafford: Staffordshire Record Society, 1976). FHL British Book 942.46 B4sc ser. 4 v. 8