Talk:Saxlingham, Norfolk Genealogy
New Parish Table[edit source]
Saxlingham parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Saxlingham Online Parish Records|
|FS Catalog PRs|
|FS Catalog BTs|
To find the names of the neighboring parishes, use England Jurisdictions 1851 Map. In this site, search for the name of the parish, click on the location "pin", click Options and click List contiguous parishes.
Records are also available at the Norfolk Record Office.
Old Parish Table[edit source]
Saxlingham, Norfolk Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Saxlingham, Norfolk Genealogy Online Parish Records|
Saxlingham Thorpe parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Saxlingham Thorpe Online Records|
Norfolk Record Office reference PD 557
The Norfolk Record Office reference PD 557/5 Marriages1813-1853 Entries from 1840 duplicate those in PD 557/6. The images contain both volumes which are distinct but duplicate volumes.
The microfilm conversion for this parish has given rise to some questions about the Marriage register for period 1840-1905 which are visible. The Norfolk Record Office reference PD 557/6 applies to the volume described as 1840-1901 ( register to 1924) The images have been displayed with and date as close as possible to the year 1901. The final entry number 70 in fact is for a marriage in 1905, number 69 was performed in 1901.
The microfilm for this volume has adopted the filming practice of filming two mariage entries and a partial image of the next page through the volume. The marriages are all available in consecutive order and the technique can at fit give rise to concerns that information is missing due to cut off images. The filming for many parishes in the diocese was undertaken in this way and the framing and dimensions of the register give rise to the filming sequence which in turn foms digital images on conversion.
The burial register images 1758-1812 are offered in a duplicate image set to try to assist viewing the water damaged and faded entries on image 4 & 12 in the sequence of 16. By inverting the image the second of the two offered images may assist to read entries which although faded are legible (barely). The burials are taken from Norfolk Record Office PD 557/2 Baptisms and Burials 1758-1812
- Searching Parish Records online (Norfolk) - The Following Parishes are Available at TheGenealogist, ParishRegister.co.uk, accessed 23 April 2019.
- Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Digital Library.
- 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 27 February 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1538-1900', FamilySearch, accessed 17 March 2014.
- Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Norfolk, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 20 March 2014.
- 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 8 February 2014.
- Norfolk Transcription Archive, accessed 15 April 2014.
- 'Subscription Coverage Catalogue', TheGenealogist, accessed 11 January 2016.
- 'Norfolk Baptism Project 1813 to 1880,' Tinstaafl Transcripts, accessed 10 April 2014.