Talk:Gorleston, Suffolk Genealogy
New Parish Table[edit source]
Gorleston parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
Hover over the collection's title for more information
|Gorleston Online Parish Records|
|FS Catalog PRs|
To find the names of the neighboring parishes, use England Jurisdictions 1851 Map. In this site, search for the name of the parish, click on the location "pin", click Options and click List contiguous parishes.
Records are also available at the Suffolk Record Office.
Old Parish Table[edit source]
Gorleston, Suffolk Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Gorleston, Suffolk Genealogy Online Parish Records|
The Family History Library has microfilms of the original parish registers for Glemsford. The registers begin in 1550 and continue up to 1934. The registers contain christenings, burials, and marriages. There are gaps in years of the registers and these gaps are specified in the Family History Catalog. Since Latin was the script of the Church of England for sometime, part of the registers are in Latin. There is a transcription of the registers also microfilmed but does not cover the same span of years as the original records.
The Bishop's Transcripts or BT's begin in 1698 and then end in 1870. However the years of documenation are not continuous, there are gaps. The available years for Glemsford are; 1698, 1705, 1708,1715,1722, 1724, 1728, 1734, 1739, 1746, 1752,1759,1762,1769,1776, 1783,1790,1793,1800,1805,1812-70.
- 'Suffolk Marriage Index (1813-37) Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 9 December 2013.
- Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Digital Library.
- 'Suffolk Baptism Index 1538-1911', Find My Past, accessed 5 January 2016.
- Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Suffolk, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 10 December 2013.
- 'Parish Records - National Burial Index Records 1538 - 2005 Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 4 December 2013.