Record Finder Table for Sweden[edit | edit source]
The following Record Finder table assists researchers in determining record types that may list the information they are looking for.
The typically most reliable sources are listed at the top of the list. However, depending on the time period of the record and location, multiple records in the list may need to be searched to achieve the objective. Alternative records are listed as well in case traditional records do not provide the desired information.
This Record Finder table links to the Sweden topic Wiki pages, containing databases and other information about accessing the records.
Maiden Names and Family Members[edit | edit source]
Immigration and Country of Origin[edit | edit source]
Personal Details and Affiliations[edit | edit source]
- Sweden Handwriting
- Reading Gothic Handwriting for Swedish Genealogy, Lesson 1
- Spelling and Phonetics for Swedish Genealogy, Lesson 2 — Names, dates, and key genealogical words
- Reading Gothic Handwriting for Swedish Genealogy: Put It All Together, Lesson 3
- Scandinavian Handwriting
- Scandinavian Handwriting, part 3 - No part 2 available
- Birth and Christening Records for Swedish Genealogy
- Instructions, document examples, and translations are given for Reading Swedish Birth and Christening Records 1717, 1752, 1771, 1792, 1803, 1834, 1854, and 1894.
|Writing for records
||The topic articles listed above give general background, record contents details, and research methods. More specific help is available in topic articles for each County, including links to actual records.