Stowell, Somerset Genealogy
Guide to Stowell, Somerset ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poor Law Union||Wincanton|
|Parish registers: 1574|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1602|
|Diocese||Bath and Wells|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Wells|
|Location of Archive|
|Somerset Archives and Local Studies|
Parish History[edit | edit source]
STOWELL (St. Mary Magdalene), a parish, in the union of Wincanton, hundred of Horethorne, E. division of Somerset, 5 miles (S. S. W.) from Wincanton. The church was rebuilt in 1834.
Resources[edit | edit source]
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Church records[edit | edit source]
Stowell, Somerset Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|FREG = FreeREG - free|
|MARR = Somerset Marriages (findmypast) - (£)|
|NBI = National Burial Index (findmypast) - (£)|
|Stowell, Somerset Genealogy Online Parish Records|
|FREG||1575-1678, 1746-1812||1574-1676, 1746-1754, 1762-1768, 1806-1812, 1815-1836||1574-1678, 1746-1812|
Census records[edit | edit source]
Probate records[edit | edit source]
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Somerset Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Tax records[edit | edit source]
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
Websites[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England, (1848). Date accessed and adapted: 25 September 2013.
- 'Somerset Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 13 February 2014.
- 'Somerset Marriages', findmypast (WayBack Machine), accessed 30 April 2014.
- 'Parish Records - National Burial Index Records 1538 - 2005 Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 17 October 2013.
- E 179 Database, The National Archives, http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/e179/, accessed 8 August 2013.