Carson/Stewart School, Nevada, was established in 1890 as a nonreservation boarding school. It also had responsibility for the Walker River Reservation from 1897 to 1908. In 1925, it merged with the Reno Agency to form the Carson Agency. The school was successively supervised by the Carson and Western Nevada Agencies until it was abolished in 1982.
Many of the records of the Carson/Stewart Indian School are housed at the Pacific Regional Archives of the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) in San Francisco. These records include, among other things:
*Student case files, 1919-1962
*Enrollment records, 1931