Changes

Jump to navigation Jump to search
m
no edit summary
== Parish History ==
ContributorBrackenfield is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Derbyshire, created in 1758 from&nbsp;[[Morton,_Derbyshire]] Ancient Parish. <br>  BRACKENFIELD, an ecclesiastical district, in the parish of Morton, union of Chesterfield, hundred of Scarsdale, N. division of the county of Derby, 4 miles (N. W.) from Alfreton; containing 459 inhabitants. The family of Heriz possessed Brackenfield, then called Brackenthwayte, in the reign of King John; it afterwards became the property of the Willoughbys, and in later times of the Turbutt family. The district comprises 1557a. 24p., whereof 452 acres are arable, 905 pasture, and 63 wood:Add it is skirted by the Midland railway. Framework knitting is carried on. The living is a general overview perpetual curacy, in the patronage of the Rector of Morton; net income, £32, derived from the history interest of £1000, Queen Anne's Bounty. A rent-charge of £176. 15. has been awarded as a commutation of this parishthe tithes. The chapel, dedicated to the Holy Trinity, was rebuilt in 1846. It can be There is a place of worship for Primitive Methodists; and a few sentences or national school, for which a couple house was built in 1844, is supported by subscription.<br> A Topographical Dictionary of paragraphsEngland (1848), pp.323-326. URL: http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=50818 Date accessed: 03 April 2011<br>
== Resources ==
Reviewer, editor, pagecreator
1,433

edits

Navigation menu