Changes

Jump to navigation Jump to search
m
no edit summary
== Parish History ==
Contributor: Add Ward End is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Warwickshire, created in 1841 from [[Aston_juxta_Birmingham,_Warwickshire]]&nbsp; Ancient Parish.  WARD-END, a general overview village, in the hamlet of Little Bromwich, parish and union of Aston, Birmingham division of the hundred of Hemlingford, N. division of the history county of Warwick, 3 miles (N. E.) from Birmingham. A chapel was erected about the year 1516, but, the Reformation following immediately after, it is doubtful whether divine service was ever performed in the building, which fell into a state of dilapidation, and so continued till the year 1835. At this parishtime, the remains were taken down, and a church was erected at a cost of £1500, by voluntary contributions, and licensed by the bishop, but not consecrated till the 23rd of October, 1841. It can be is a few sentences or neat structure of brick coated with Roman cement, in the early English style, with a couple small embattled tower, and windows and doorways of stone: there are 306 sittings, including 178 free. The incumbency is in the patronage of the Vicar of Aston, and was endowed with £1000 in the funds, of which £600 have been laid out in the purchase of 6½ acres of paragraphsland and three cottages. The church, like the old chapel, is dedicated to the Holy Trinity, the Blessed Virgin, and St. Margaret. From: 'Warbleton - Wardy-Hill', A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 461-464. URL: http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=51376 Date accessed: 22 February 2011.<br> <br>
== Resources ==
Reviewer, editor, pagecreator
25,062

edits

Navigation menu