ORSTON (St. Mary), a '''parish''', in the union, and N. division of the wapentake, of Bingham, S. division of the county of Nottingham, 6¼ miles (E. by N.) from Bingham. The living is a discharged vicarage, with the livings of Scarrington and Thoroton annexed. There is a place of worship for '''Wesleyans'''.<ref>Samuel A.
Lewis, [http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=51195#s5 ''A Topographical Dictionary of England''], (1848). Adapted, date accessed: 08 December 2013.</ref>