Changes

Jump to navigation Jump to search

Grimsargh, Lancashire Genealogy

1 byte added, 17:18, 24 June 2016
m
Text replacement - "<ref>Samuel A. Lewis" to "<ref>Lewis, Samuel A."
=== Chapelry History ===
GRIMSARGH, with Brockholes, a '''chapelry''', in the parish and union of [[Preston St Wilfrid, Lancashire|Preston St Wilfrid]], hundred of Amounderness, N. division of the county of Lancaster, 4 miles northeast of Preston. The chapel, dedicated to St. Michael, was consecrated in 1726. Other places in the parish include: Elston, Brockholes, and Brockhole. <ref>Lewis, Samuel A. Lewis, ''[http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=50991#s14 A Topographical Dictionary of England]'' (1848), pp. 340-343. Adapted. Date accessed: 14 October 2013.</ref>
The town formed a parish in 1875 within the area known as Brockholes, which became one part of the much larger Amounderness hundred, in which Preston was also included.
Moderator, Reviewer, editor, pagecreator
407,310
edits

Navigation menu