Changes

Jump to navigation Jump to search

Haddiscoe, Norfolk Genealogy

14 bytes added, 08:18, 27 May 2015
m
no edit summary
[[England Genealogy|England]]  [[Image:Gotoarrow.png]]  [[Norfolk Genealogy|Norfolk]] [[Image:Gotoarrow.png]]  [[Norfolk Parishes]]
Guide to '''Haddiscoe, Norfolk ancestry, family history, and genealogy:''' parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records. {{Infobox England Jurisdictions {{Infobox England Jurisdictions
| image = Haddiscoe St Mary.jpg
| caption =
=== Parish History ===
HADDISCOE (St. Mary), a '''parish''', in the union of Loddon and Clavering, hundred of Clavering, E. division of Norfolk, 5 miles (N. N. E.) from Beccles.<ref>Samuel A. Lewis,[http://british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=50996#s6 ''A Topographical Dictionary of England''] (1848), pp. 366-369.Date accessed: 25 March 2013.</ref>
Haddiscoe St Mary is an Ancient parish in the Diocese of Norwich.
The present church has a tower reflecting a Saxon base, Norman tower and 15th century top and church is largely a mixture of architecture from a series of renovations in different centuries.
{{PAGENAME}} parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
{| width="383" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="1" width="383" style="width: 100%"
|-
| bgcolor="#ffffff" align="left" colspan="6" | '''FREG''' = [http://www.freereg.org.uk/ FreeREG - free]<ref>[http://www.freereg.org.uk/parishes/nfk/frontpage.shtml 'Norfolk Coverage'], ''FreeREG,'' accessed 25 February 2014.</ref>
|}
{| width="100%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="1" width="100%" border="1"
|-
! bgcolor="#ffffcc" align="center" scopecolspan="col7" colspanscope="7col" | '''{{PAGENAME}} Online Parish Records'''
|-
| bgcolor="#ffffcc" | <br>
[[Loddon & Clavering Poor Law Union]]
Loddon and Clavering Union was incorporated under the terms of 'An Act for the better Relief and Employment of the Poor in the Hundreds of Loddon and Clavering, 4 Geo. III, cap. 90, 1764. A House of Industry was built at Heckingham and this was altered and enlarged in 1836 when it was adopted as the Union workhouse. Loddon and Clavering Board of Guardians was replaced by Guardians Committee No. 13 in 1930.<br>Acquisition Received by the Norfolk Record Office on 22 October 1984 (C/GP 12/1, 5-11 273-276), 31 October 2001 (ACC 2001/199 numbered C/GP 12/8), 26 August 1964 (C/GP 12/70), 31 October 2001 (ACC 2001/199 numbered C/GP 12/277-278), 4 June 2009 (ACC 2009/74 numbered C/GP 12/279) and on unknown dates.<br>Copies C/GP 12/1-7, 9-13, 15, 19, 22, 25-37, 39-41, 43-49, 51-54, 56-58, 60-77, 86, 89-100, 202-209, 211, 213, 215, 217, 219, 221-223, 250, 277-279 are available on microform.<br>RelatedMaterial For records of Guardians Committee No. 13, see C/GC 13.
[[Norfolk Poor Law Unions]]
{{reflist}} {{Norfolk}}
[[Category:Parishes in Norfolk]]
Moderator, Reviewer, editor, pagecreator, Suppressors
70,043
edits

Navigation menu