Changes

Jump to navigation Jump to search
m
Text replace - "Lewis, Samuel A." to "Samuel A. Lewis"
Line 5: Line 5:  
== Parish History  ==
 
== Parish History  ==
   −
Alnesbourne Priory, is a depopulated '''hamlet '''in '''Nacton parish''', Suffolk; it is near the river Orwell, 4¼ miles SE of Ipswich.<ref>Wilson, John Marius, ''[http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6996 Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales]'' (1870-72). Date accessed and adapted: 20 December 2013.</ref> Also see.<ref>Lewis, Samuel A., ''[http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=50752#s16 A Topographical Dictionary of England]'' (1848), pp. 39-44. Date accessed and adapted: 20 December 2013.</ref> <br>  
+
Alnesbourne Priory, is a depopulated '''hamlet '''in '''Nacton parish''', Suffolk; it is near the river Orwell, 4¼ miles SE of Ipswich.<ref>Wilson, John Marius, ''[http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6996 Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales]'' (1870-72). Date accessed and adapted: 20 December 2013.</ref> Also see.<ref>Samuel A. Lewis, ''[http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=50752#s16 A Topographical Dictionary of England]'' (1848), pp. 39-44. Date accessed and adapted: 20 December 2013.</ref> <br>  
    
The old priory was in the parish of Hallowtree or Halghetree, the church of which formed part of its parish boundary. Here was a small priory of Austin canons, dedicated to the Virgin Mary, and suppressed about the year 1466: there are still the remains of a chapel. The old church fell into complete ruin by 1514.  
 
The old priory was in the parish of Hallowtree or Halghetree, the church of which formed part of its parish boundary. Here was a small priory of Austin canons, dedicated to the Virgin Mary, and suppressed about the year 1466: there are still the remains of a chapel. The old church fell into complete ruin by 1514.  
Moderator, Reviewer, editor, pagecreator
407,335

edits

Navigation menu