[[England]] [[Image:Gotoarrow.png]] [[Durham]] [[Image:Gotoarrow.png]] [[Durham Parishes]]
[[Image:Hunstanworth St James Co Durham.jpg|thumb|right]]
== Parish History ==
HUNSTONWORTH, or Hunstanworth, a '''parish''', in the union of Weardale, W. division of Chester ward, N. division of the county of Durham, 8 miles (N. N. W.) from Stanhope. The church is a small neat structure, almost entirely built towards the close of the last century, on the site of a very ancient edifice.<ref>Lewis, Samuel A., [http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=51054#s12 ''A Topographical Dictionary of England''], (1848), pp. 583-588. Date accessed: 29 March 2011. </ref>
In common with it's neighbours at [[Edmundbyers, Durham]] and [[Ebchester, Durham]] the parish began as a chapelry in 1747 within the ancient parish of [[Edmundbyers, Durham]]. St James chapel was replaced in 1862 by the present church.
== Resources ==
Contributor: add any relevant sites that aren’t mentioned above.