HEWORTH, NETHER, a '''chapelry''', in the'''parish of Jarrow''', union of Gateshead, E. division of Chester ward, N. division of the county of Durham, 2¼ miles (E. S. E.) from Gateshead; with Bill Quay, Upper Heworth, and Windy-Nook. This '''chapelry''', is bounded on the north by the Tyne. There are places of worship for '''Independents, Wesleyans of the Old and New Connexion, and Primitive Methodists'''.<ref>Lewis, Samuel A., [http://british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=51028#s22 ''A Topographical Dictionary of England''], (1848). Adapted. Date accessed: 11 December 2013. </ref>
Heworth '''St Alban''' was created from the parish of '''Heworth St Mary''' in 1843.
Contributor: add any relevant sites that aren’t mentioned above.