HEATHERYCLEUGH, a '''chapelry,''' in the '''parish of Stanhope''', union of Weardale, N. W. division of Darlington ward, S. division of the county of Durham, 10 miles (W.) from Stanhope. Here are two places of worship for '''Primitive, and one for Wesleyan, Methodists'''; and some national schools supported by endowment. The chapelry contains two mineral springs,<ref>Lewis, Samuel A., [http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=51020#s10 ''A Topographical Dictionary of England''](1848), pp. 459-462. Adapted. Date accessed: 11 December 2013. </ref>
Heatherycleugh was formed as chapelry in 1825; it became a parish in 1866 and was altered in 1883-1888. The villages of Cowshill, Burtree Ford, Wearshead and Lane Head are included in the parish.
== Resources ==
Contributor: add any relevant sites that aren’t mentioned above.