[[England]] [[Image:Gotoarrow.png]] [[Durham]] [[Image:Gotoarrow.png]] [[Durham Parishes]]
[[Image:Eggleston Holy Trinity Co Durham.jpg|thumb|right
|Eggleston Holy Trinity Co Durham.jpg]]
== Parish History ==
EGGLESTONE, a '''chapelry''', in the '''parish of Middleton-in-Teesdale''', union of Teesdale, S. W. division of Darlington ward, S. division of the county of Durham, 6 miles (N. W. by N.) from Barnard-Castle; The '''chapelry''' is bounded on the south by the river Tees, over which is a handsome bridge. There is a place of worship for a congregation of '''Wesleyan Methodists'''. <ref>Lewis, Samuel A., [http://british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=50942#s8 ''A Topographical Dictionary of England''], (1848). Adapted. Date accessed: 10 December 2013.</ref>
Holy Trinity Eggleston was formed as a parish in 1859 and was formerly a chapelry in [[Middleton in Teesdale, Durham]] parish until Holy Trinity was built in 1869.
Contributor: add any relevant sites that aren’t mentioned above.