Changes

Jump to navigation Jump to search
no edit summary
== Chapelry History ==
HINDLEY, a '''chapelry''', in the parish and union of Wigan, hundred of West Derby, S. division of the county of Lancaster, 3 miles east by southeast of Wigan. This is an ancient chapel, in operation by at least 1644 and is dedicated to All Saints. There are places of worship for '''Independents''', '''Unitarians''', and '''Wesleyans'''; and a '''Roman Catholic''' chapel.<ref>Lewis, Samuel A., ''A Topographical Dictionary of England]'' (1848), pp. 514-518. [http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=51033 A Topographical Dictionary of England]'' (1848), pp. 514-518. Adapted. Date accessed: 01 July 2010.</ref>
== Resources ==
Moderator, Reviewer, editor, pagecreator
5,136

edits

Navigation menu