Changes

Jump to navigation Jump to search

Bardsley, Lancashire Genealogy

46 bytes removed, 14:49, 12 June 2013
m
no edit summary
== Chapelry History ==
 BARDSLEY, an ecclesiastical district with '''a chapel, in the parish''' and union '''of Ashton-under-Lyne''', hundred of Salford, S. division of the county of Lancaster, on the road to Oldham. This district is in the Knott-Lanes division of the parish; and the river Medlock. The church, dedicated to the Holy Trinity, was built in 1844.&nbsp;The Primitive Methodists have a place of worship here.<ref>Lewis, Samuel A., ''[[A Topographical Dictionary of England]]'' by Samuel Lewis (1848), pp. 141-145. URL: http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=50777 Adapted. Date accessed: 25 June 2010.</ref>
== Resources ==
| bgcolor="#ffccff" | None
|-
| bgcolor="#ffffcc" align="center" scopecolspan="col6" colspanscope="6col" | '''[[Ashton under Lyne St Michael, Lancashire|ASHTON&nbsp;UNDER&nbsp;LYNE&nbsp;ST&nbsp;MICHAEL]]&nbsp;PARISH (1596)&nbsp;Indexes '''''(ancient parish containing BARDSLEY Chapelry)''
|-
| bgcolor="#ffffcc" |
5,379
edits

Navigation menu