== Chapelry History ==
BARDSLEY, an ecclesiastical district, in the '''paris'''h and union of Ashton-under-Lyne, hundred of Salford, S. division of the county of Lancaster, on the road to OldhamThe Primitive Methodists have a place of worship; and excellent national schools have been built.<ref>Lewis, Samuel A., [http://british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=50777#s2 ''A Topographical Dictionary of England''](1848), pp. 141-145.</ref>
<br> BARDSLEY, an ecclesiastical district with '''a chapel, in the parish''' and union '''of Ashton-under-Lyne''', hundred of Salford, S. division of the county of Lancaster, on the road to Oldham. This district is in the Knott-Lanes division of the parish; and the river Medlock. The church, dedicated to the Holy Trinity, was built in 1844. The Primitive Methodists have a place of worship here.<ref>''[[A Topographical Dictionary of England]]'' by Samuel Lewis (1848), pp. 141-145. URL: http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=50777 Adapted. Date accessed: 25 June 2010.</ref>
== Resources ==
| bgcolor="#ffccff" | None
| bgcolor="#ffffcc" align="center"
colspan=" 6" scope=" col" | '''[[Ashton under Lyne St Michael, Lancashire|ASHTON UNDER LYNE ST MICHAEL]] PARISH (1596) Indexes '''''(ancient parish containing BARDSLEY Chapelry)''
| bgcolor="#ffffcc" |
== References ==