Spain Church History
|Spain Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
Earliest History[edit | edit source]
The oldest known parish records are found in Solsona, Spain and date from the year 1394. At least 37 parishes have records before 1500. Nearly one-third antedate the year 1600, and nearly one-half antedate the year 1650. Hispanic Family History: Research in the Best Records in the World by George Ryskamp
Online References[edit | edit source]
- Valdes and the Spanish Reformation
- Spain Roman Catholic Church
- Franco and the Catholic Church - Spain Then and Now
Bibliography[edit | edit source]
- Callahan, William James. Church, Politics, and Society in Spain, 1750-1874. Cambridge, Mass: Harvard University Press, 1984.
- Callahan, William James. The Catholic Church in Spain, 1875-1998. Washington, D.C.: Catholic University of America Press, 2000.
- Church and State in Spain. Madrid: [O.I.D.], 1962.
- Kurtz, J. H., and John Macpherson. Church History. New York: Funk & Wagnalls, 1889.
- Lea, Henry Charles. Chapters from the Religious History of Spain Connected with the Inquisition. New York: Burt Franklin, 1967.
- Meyrick, Frederick. The Church in Spain. London: Wells Gardner, Darton & Co, 1892.
- Noyes, H. E. Church Reform in Spain and Portugal: A ShortHistory of the Reformed Episcopal Churches of Spain and Portugal, from 1868 to the Present Time. London: Cassell, 1897.
- Peers, E. Allison. The Church in Spain, 1737-1937. London: Burns Oates & Washbourne, 1938.
- Pérez, Joseph. The Spanish Inquisition: a history. New Haven, CT: Yale University Press, 2005.
- Webster, Wentworth. Gleanings in Church History, Chiefly in Spain and France. London: Society for Promoting Christian Knowledge, 1903.