Southwark Parish, Surry County, Virginia Genealogy
Jump to navigation Jump to search
History[edit | edit source]
Southwark Parish has served Surry County, Virginia.
Founded[edit | edit source]
Boundary[edit | edit source]
Resources[edit | edit source]
Parish History[edit | edit source]
- Stone, Doris Y. "A Surry County Colonial Church Site," The Southside Virginian, Vol. 9, No. 1 (Jan.-Mar. 1991):10-11. Discusses the Lower Church of Southwark Parish.
- Church Histories in Surry - brief history (Genealogy Trails)
Parish Records[edit | edit source]
Colonial parish registers have been lost.
Websites[edit | edit source]
- Glebe House of Southwark Parish, The Historical Marker Database
- Southwark Parish Churches, The Historical Marker Database
References[edit | edit source]
- Freddie Spradlin, "Parishes of Virginia," VAGenWeb, accessed 29 January 2011; Hening's Statutes at Large; Emily J. Salmon and Edward D.C. Campbell Jr., The Hornbook of Virginia History (Richmond: Library of Virginia, 1994).
- The Southside Virginian, https://archive.org/details/southsidevirgini91991/page/10/mode/2up, accessed 16 March 2021.