Shotesham St Mary, Norfolk Genealogy
Guide to Shotesham St Mary, Norfolk ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Shotesham St Mary, Norfolk|
|Poor Law Union||Henstead|
|Parish registers: 1538; Separate registers exist for Shotesham All Saints beginning 1538|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1691; Separate records exist for Shotesham All Saints beginning 1691|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norfolk|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
Parish History[edit | edit source]
SHOTESHAM (St. Mary), a parish, in the union and hundred of Henstead, E. division of Norfolk, 5 miles (S.) from Norwich; containing, with Shotesham St. Botolph and St. Martin.  Its full name is Shotesham St May and St Botoph with St. Martin. (St Botolph and St Martin are in ruins.) It is also known as Low Shotesahm and Shottesham.
Also nearby is another parish called Shottesham All Saints.
Resources[edit | edit source]
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Church records[edit | edit source]
Shotesham St Mary, Norfolk Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Shotesham St Mary, Norfolk Genealogy Online Parish Records|
Shotesham All Saints parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Shotesham All Saints Parish Online Records|
|FS PRs||Undefined||1538-1811, 1813-1855||Undefined||1538-1901||Undefined||1538-1884|
Census records[edit | edit source]
Probate records[edit | edit source]
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
Websites[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 90-93. Date accessed: 03 June 2013.
- Pat Newby, "Norfolk: Shotesham St Mary", GenUKI
- Pat Newby, Norfolk: Shotesham All Saints, GenUKI
- 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 27 February 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1538-1900', FamilySearch, accessed 17 March 2014.
- 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 8 February 2014.
- 'Norfolk Baptism Project 1813 to 1880,' Tinstaafl Transcripts, accessed 10 April 2014.