San Lorenzo, Puerto Rico Genealogy
|Puerto Rico Wiki Topics|
|Puerto Rico Background|
|Local Research Resources|
Guide to Municipality of San Lorenzo family history and genealogy: birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
History[edit | edit source]
San Lorenzo was founded in 1737 under the name San Miguel de Hato Grande by Valeriano Muñoz de Oneca from Seville, Spain.
The exact date is not certain because the parochial archives of this municipality were lost in a fire and no copies were available.
The original settlers of the then-village were the Muñoz de Oneca, López de Alicea, and Sánchez de Cos families. The church was erected in 1811.
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
More recent records are protected by privacy laws. However, close relatives can request them for genealogy.
Online Records[edit | edit source]
- Puerto Rico, Civil Registration, 1805-2001, index, incomplete
- Puerto Rico, Civil Registrations, 1885-2001, index, incomplete
- Puerto Rico, Civil Registration, 1805-2001, San Lorenzo
- Puerto Rico Births and Baptisms, 1938-1947 — index
Cemeteries[edit | edit source]
Cemeterio Municipal Nuevo (San Lorenzo Municipality)
Cemeterio Municipal Viejo, Barrio Hato, San Loren
Cemeterio Ramanso, Barrio Quebrada, San Lorenzo (Quemados)
El Remanso Memorial
Census Records[edit | edit source]
Search the 1910, 1920, 1930, and 1940 census records for information about your Puerto Rican ancestors who were there during that time period. Click here to go to the Puerto Rico Census Page
References[edit | edit source]
- Wikipedia contributors, "San Lorenzo, Puerto Rico," Wikipedia, The Free Encylopedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Lorenzo,_Puerto_Rico, accessed 12/27/20.
- Wikipedia contributors, "San Lorenzo, Puerto Rico The Town of the Samaritans," Wikipedia, The Free Encylopedia, https://boricuaonline.com/en/san-lorenzo-puerto-rico/, accessed 12/27/20.