San Diego California FamilySearch Center/Research
|Home||Discovery||Classes||Scanning Equipment||Research||Groups||Contact Us|
Our staff of missionaries will help you get started on FamilySearch.org and building your family tree. With 50 state-of-the-art computers
available, you'll make use of premium genealogical and historical websites to aid in your personal research. With many skills, we can help
give guidance and personal one-on-one consulting.
Many helpful resources are available through the computers and include free use of many subscription websites such as Ancestry.com,
Find My Past.com, My Heritage, and Newspapers.com. We also offer use of digitizing programs and direct internet links to other resources.
Our staff has research skills in reading and writing Greek and Latin; staff spoken languages include Italian, German, and Spanish.
- 1 large and one regular sized scanner for documents/pictures
- 2 photo scanners
- 1 slide scanner
- 1 VHS player and movie player for conversion to digital
- 2 color copiers that scan directly into FamilySearch
- 1 oral history room with recording equipment for audio and video
- 1 instructional computer room
- 1 group meeting room with interactive screen and projector equipment
Our center provides a comfortable work environment for parents. There is a play area for small children
near computer work stations where parents can work on their family history without leaving their children
Other services available near the children's area include -- photo scanner, document and book scanner,
and video conversion.