Salisbury Cathedral, Wiltshire Genealogy
Guide to Salisbury Cathedral, Wiltshire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Salisbury Cathedral, Wiltshire|
Cathedral of Saint Mary Salisbury
|County||Wiltshire, England Genealogy|
|Poor Law Union||Not Applicable|
|Parish registers: 1593|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1813|
|Rural Deanery||Not Applicable|
|Probate Court||Court of the Peculiar of the Dean of Sarum; Court of the Peculiar of the Dean and Chapter of Sarum; This cathedral has several associated courts not listed.|
|Location of Archive|
|Wiltshire and Swindon History Centre|
Salisbury Cathedral is the seat of the Diocese of Salisbury. It is located in the county of Wiltshire.
Parish History[edit | edit source]
SALISBURY, a city,having separate civil jurisdiction, locally in the hundred of Underditch, S. division of Wilts, 82 miles(S. W. by W.) from London. 
Resources[edit | edit source]
Church Records[edit | edit source]
Salisbury Cathedral registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|FMP = FindMyPast - (£)|
|JOIN = The Joiner Marriage Index - (£)|
|NBI = National Burial Index (findmypast) - (£)|
|NIM = Nimrod Research - (£). Results delivered by email.|
|TGEN = TheGenealogist - (£)|
|SALISBURY CATHEDRAL Online Records|
References[edit | edit source]
- Lewis, Samuel A.,A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 5-11.Date accessed: 04 February 2014.
- 'Search more than 99,000 new Wiltshire parish baptism records,' findmypast, accessed 5 June 2014. Coverage year range is not clearly identified. Ambiguously described as 'Salisbury,' may refer to one of the parish churches.
- Wiltshire Coverage, The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 11 September 2013.
- 'Parish Records - National Burial Index Records 1538 - 2005 Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 3 November 2013.
- 'Wiltshire Parish Explorer,' Nimrod Research, accessed 8 January 2014.
- 'Parish Records - Coverage', The Genealogist, accessed 27 September 2013.