Rothwell, Northamptonshire Genealogy
Guide to Rothwell, Northamptonshire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|County||Northamptonshire, England Genealogy|
|Poor Law Union||Kettering|
|Parish registers: 1614|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1707|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Northampton|
|Location of Archive|
|Northamptonshire Record Office|
Parish History[edit | edit source]
ROTHWELL (Holy Trinity), a parish, and formerly a market-town, in the union of Kettering, hundred of Rothwell, N. division of the county of Northampton, 4 miles (N. W. by W.) from Kettering. There are places of worship for Independents and Wesleyans.
Resources[edit | edit source]
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Church Records[edit | edit source]
Rothwell, Northamptonshire Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|ROTHWELL PARISH Online Records|
Non-conformist Records[edit | edit source]
- 1717 England & Wales, Roman Catholics, 1717 at FindMyPast ($), index and images (coverage may vary)
Census Records[edit | edit source]
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Genealogy From Periodicals
[edit | edit source]
Harris, Liz. Ann Coe - a Timeline. History and time line of Joseph Coe married Anne Sturgess at Leicester. St. Martin, in Feb 1831,and their descendants, with following surnames, Yeomans, Hulbert, Reculest, Smith Beeby, Page, Panter and Barratt. The family moved around Leicestershire, to Oadby, Northamptonshire, Desborough, Rothwell, and Long Yard. Article dates from 1805-1963, and is found in Footprints, Northamptonshire Family History Society Magazine, vol. 35,no.1. August 2012 pages 19-22, Family History Library Ref. 942.55 D25fo v.35.
Probate Records[edit | edit source]
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Northamptonshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Websites[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Lewis, Samuel A. A Topographical Dictionary of England, (1848)3. Adapted. Date accessed: 27 November 2013.
- 'Northamptonshire, England, Baptisms, 1813-1912', Ancestry, accessed 5 March 2015.
- 'Northamptonshire, England, Burials, 1813-1912', Ancestry, accessed 5 March 2015.
- Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Digital Library.
- 'Northamptonshire Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 29 November 2014.
- 'Parish Records - Coverage', The Parish Register Transcription Society, accessed 27 September 2013.