Riddlesworth, Norfolk Genealogy
Guide to Riddlesworth, Norfolk ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poor Law Union||Guiltcross|
|Parish registers: 1686|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1705|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norfolk|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
Parish History[edit | edit source]
RIDDLESWORTH (St. Peter), a parish, in the union and hundred of Guilt-Cross, W. division of Norfolk, 4 miles (S. W. by S.) from East Harling. The living is a discharged rectory, with that of Gasthorpe united. 
Riddlesworth St Peter is an Ancient parish in the Diocese of Norwich.
The church was part of Riddlesworth Hall now Riddlesworth Hall School, famous for being the school attended in the 1970's by Diana Spencer before her father inherited his title and she became Princess of Wales.
Resources[edit | edit source]
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
- Guiltcross to 1902
- Thetford 1902-1938
- Wayland 1939-1974
Church records[edit | edit source]
Riddlesworth, Norfolk Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Riddlesworth, Norfolk Genealogy Online Parish Records|
Census records[edit | edit source]
Genealogy[edit | edit source]
Tyler, Mary and Norman. Garboldisham - Again. History and family of Edward Tyler and an nee Parsons with the following surnames, Watling, Reeve, Dewing, Spurling, Warren, Hall, Barber, Frost. Edward Tyler was born 1705, and married An Parsons, and they lived in Tuddenham, SFK, and then his son moves over to Riddlesworth, Norfolk. Article in The Norfolk Ancestor, v.8, pt.3, (Sept 2011) pages 174-175. Family History Library Ref. 942.51 B2j (new series) vol. 8. pt. 3
Poor Law Unions[edit | edit source]
Probate records[edit | edit source]
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
Websites[edit | edit source]
- Norfolk: Riddlesworth on GenUKI
References[edit | edit source]
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 665-668. Date accessed: 07 May 2013.
- Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Digital Library.
- 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 27 February 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1538-1900', FamilySearch, accessed 17 March 2014.
- 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 8 February 2014.