Ramsbury with Axford, Wiltshire Genealogy
Guide to Ramsbury with Axford, Wiltshire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Ramsbury with Axford, Wiltshire|
|Poor Law Union||Hungerford|
|Parish registers: 1678|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1589|
|Probate Court||Court of the Peculiar of the Dean of Salisbury|
|Location of Archive|
|Wiltshire Record Office|
Parish History[edit | edit source]
RAMSBURY, a village, a parish, and a hundred of Ramsbury, Marlborough and Ramsbury in Wiltshire. The village stands on the river Kennet, 4 miles N by W of Bedwyn railway station, and 5 W N W of Hungerford. The parish contains also the Tything of Axford, Eastridge, and Whittonditch, and the places called Park-Town, Madridge-Hill, Newtown, Elmdown, and Lamplands; and is in Hungerford district.There are places of worship for Independents, Primitive Methodists, and Wesleyans.   
Resources[edit | edit source]
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Church records[edit | edit source]
Ramsbury with Axford, Wiltshire Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|IGI = International Genealogical Index (FamilySearch) - free|
|NIM = Nimrod Research - (£). Results delivered by email.|
|Ramsbury with Axford, Wiltshire Genealogy Online Parish Records|
Census records[edit | edit source]
Probate records[edit | edit source]
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Wiltshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
Websites[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 633-638. Date accessed: 09 October 2013.
- From: 'Rame - Rapps', A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 633-638. British HistoryDate accessed: 09 October 2013.
- John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales, (1870-72)
- Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Wiltshire, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 15 January 2014.
- 'Wiltshire Parish Explorer,' Nimrod Research, accessed 8 January 2014.