Quincy, Adams County, Illinois Church Records
Church Records[edit | edit source]
- Genealogical papers, 1830-1970, and minutes of genealogy class, 1962-1964 FHL Film 1637640 Item 2
manuscript collection (ca.900 leaves) from the Mildred Hooper collection, Quincy, Illinois
- Genealogical research papers, 1555-1980 : includes 1961 list of members of the Quincy Branch of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints FHL Films 1637640 Item 3 and 1637641 Item 1
manuscript collection (ca.1500 leaves) of genealogical research papers from the Mildred Hooper collection, Quincy, Illinois.
Baptist[edit | edit source]
- First Baptist Church
Church records, 1843-1909 FHL film 960877 Items 1-2
lists of members, baptisms, deaths, minutes of meetings and finance records
- Vermont Street Baptist Church
Church records, 1856-1890 FHL Film 960876 Item 2
lists of members, baptisms, dismissals, deaths, finance records and minutes of meetings.
Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints[edit | edit source]
Record of members and minutes of meetings, 1840-1845 FHL 1919 Items 3-4
Restriction: May print only direct ancestor and those born 95+ years ago. All other information must be crossed out.
Congregational[edit | edit source]
- First Union Congregational Church
Church records, 1830-1909 FHL 2 films
1830-1909: Minutes, lists of members, marriages, baptisms, admissions and dismissals, communicants, burials, register of families, list of pastors
1869-1911: Minutes, treasurer reports, constitution, list of members, Ladies Society
1910-1923: Baptisms and marriages, members received and removed
- Manual of the First Congregational Church of Quincy, Illinois: containing historical notice, ecclesiastical principles; with a catalogue of surviving members. FHL Film 1425448 Item 2, book 977.344/Q1 K2m
- Reports of the Ladies Industrial Society, 1917-1922 FHL Film 961863 Item 4
Records include the Constitution, by-laws, and a few newspaper obituaries.
Episcopal[edit | edit source]
- Church of the Good Shepherd
Church records, register no. 2, 1887-1902 FHL Film 965271 Item 3
list of pastor; families, baptisms, 1887-1902; confirmations; communicants; marriages, 1888-1901; burials, 1888-1902.
- St. John's Episcopal Parish and Cathedral
Church records, 1891-1974 FHL Film 967261 Items 1-2, 2nd filming 965271 Item 4
2nd filming covers 1891-1931 only.
- Zion Episcopal Church
Church records, 1871-1960 FHL Film 965271 Items 1-2
baptisms, 1871-1925 -- confirmations; communicants, marriages, 1871-1909, burials, 1871-1960 - history; families; minutes, including first communicants of the parish of the Good Sheperd of Quincy.
Evangelical[edit | edit source]
Salem Evangelical Church
Salem Evangelical Church FHL film 1870160
church vital record information along with items of historical interest
Lutheran[edit | edit source]
- Evangelische St. Pauli Kirche (later changed to St. Paul's Evangelical Lutheran Church)
Baptisms, deaths, marriages, confirmations & communion, 1873-1945 FHL Film 1863620 Item 8
- St. James Lutheran Church
Church records, 1851-1962 FHL Film 1434886-1434887
Index to church records
Church records, v. 1-2 1851-1865
Church records, v. 3-7 1866-1962
- St. Peter's Evangelical Lutheran Church
Church records, 1856-1929 FHL Film 1863620 Items 1-7
Includes a 1 p. explanation of the German alphabet and a 1 p. dictionary of frequently used German terms near the beginning of the record.
Methodist[edit | edit source]
- Bethel Methodist Episcopal Church
Kirchenbuch, 1873-1924 FHL Film 965272 Items 1-2
list of pastors; members; baptisms, 1873-1923; marriages, 1874-1921; burials, 1874-1898; finances; quarterly conferences. In 1873 the Bethel M. E. Church split off from the First German Methodist Church. In 1925 they merged into the Union M. E. Church. The Bethel church was also known as the Second German Methodist Church.
- First German Methodist Church
Kirchenbuch, 1848-1942 FHL Film 965271 Items 6-8
baptisms, 1848-1913; marriages, 1848-1913, 1941-1942; burials, 1848-1875; pastors and other officials; lists (some alphabetical) of members.
Roman Catholic[edit | edit source]
St. Francis Catholic Church Death Index, 1872-1906; Genealogy Trails
References[edit | edit source]