Pyrton, Oxfordshire Genealogy
Guide to Pyrton, Oxfordshire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|County||Oxfordshire, England Genealogy|
|Poor Law Union||Henley|
|Parish registers: 1568|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1568|
|Probate Court||Courts of the Bishop (Episcopal Consistory) and the Archdeaconry of Oxford|
|Location of Archive|
|Oxfordshire Record Office|
Parish History[edit | edit source]
PIRTON, a village, a parish, and a hundred, in Oxford. The village stands near the Chiltern hills, 1 mile N of Watlington, and 7 N E of Watlingford r. station; and was anciently called Peritone. 
Resources[edit | edit source]
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Church records[edit | edit source]
Pyrton parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|FAMR = Family Relatives - (£)|
|FSBOOK = FamilySearch Books - free|
|OFHS = Oxfordshire Family History Society - (£). Results delivered by email.|
|PALL = Pallot's Marriage Index (Ancestry) - (£)|
|TGEN = TheGenealogist - (£)|
|PYRTON PARISH Online Records|
Census records[edit | edit source]
| This section requires expansion with:
any unique information, such as the census for X year was destroyed.
Probate records[edit | edit source]
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Oxfordshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Websites[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- 1870-72, John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales
- W.P.W. Phillimore, Oxfordshire Parish Registers, Volume 1 (London: Phillimore and Co., 1907). Digitised by Family Relatives - (£).
- W.P.W. Phillimore, Oxfordshire Parish Registers, Volume 1 (London: Phillimore and Co., 1907). Digitised by FamilySearch Books - free.
- 'OFHS Parish Records Date Finder,', Oxfordshire Family History Society, accessed 23 January 2014.
- Pallot's Marriage and Birth Indexes, Guide to Parishes. Digital version at FamilySearch Digital Library.
- 'Parish Records - Coverage', The Genealogist, accessed 27 September 2013.