Prioritized List of Online England County Church Records
| It is proposed that this article be deleted.
Reason: Now that the table has been transferred to England_Church_Records, the page has served its purpose
Please add any comments to the talk page.
Introduction[edit | edit source]
This table contains a prioritized list of websites and resources that cover county church records for the Church of England. This strategy page is to assist researchers in locating the best resource to locate an ancestor and does not contain all resources available. A complete list of all websites for Church of England church records can be found on the England Church Records page.
To use this table:[edit | edit source]
- The resources are prioritized from left to right, with the left column containing the most complete coverage for the county.
- Percentages in brackets indicate the approximate percentage of the records included in that collection. Many collections will have a table or index showing the specific parishes and years they have records for.
- OPC is an abbreviation for Online Parish Clerks, a group of websites that transcribes parish records and make them freely available online, and FHS is an abbreviation for Family History Society.
- Many of these collections have the baptisms, marriages and burials on separate webpages. Links to the resources from all this table are always to the baptisms.
|signifies index only|
|signifies index with images attached|
|signifies images only|
- Ancestry also has records for Birmingham and Manchester separate from the records for Warwickshire and Lancashire respectively.