Poway California Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Ours is a small, friendly and comfortable Family History Center with an experienced and helfpul staff. Everyone is welcome here.
Center Contacts and Hours[edit | edit source]
- 15750 Bernardo Heights Pkwy. San Diego CA 92128 United States
- Located on the south side of Bernardo Heights Parkway between Paseo Lucida and Pomerado Road.
- Enter on the north side of the building, on the left side as you face the building from the parking lot.
- To make an appointment for other times, please contact the stake Temple and Family History consultant - center in advance at (1-760-672 9133.)
- Closed for Thanksgiving:
- Closed on Christmas and New Year's Day:
Center Resources[edit | edit source]
The Poway Stake Family History Center has a complement of six patron computers with limited WiFi services and printer/copier access.
Databases and Software[edit | edit source]
- Family History Center Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Center Services[edit | edit source]
Staff Research Specialties[edit | edit source]
While staff members don't do your research for you, they are very good at helping you find resources and explaining how to use them. Feel free to ask questions and for ideas. We are here to help.
Resources in the Local Area
[edit | edit source]
- 1250 Carlsbad Village Drive, Carlsbad, California 92008
- Phone: 760-434-2931.
North San Diego County Genealogical Society, headquartered in the Cole branch of the Carlsbad Library.
San Diego African American Genealogy Group (Call [null (619) 584-7668] SD Family History Center for class schedule)
Links[edit | edit source]
- FamilySearch Research Wiki: What It Can Do For You!: A comprehensive video presentation explaining the Wiki, navigating it, and some especially useful pages. Case studies demonstrate using the Wiki for genealogical research. Editing and adding articles to the Wiki are covered.