Pomerania (Pommern) Research Websites
- 1 Online Classes
- 2 Online Record Collections
- 3 BYU German research class, online, no charge
- 4 Germany Websites--Reference and Training
- 5 Research Websites for Pomerania (Pommern)
- 6 Societies
Online Classes[edit | edit source]
- German Research: Strategies and Sources for Eastern Provinces. Be sure to download the class syllabus.
- Watch the Specific Geography portion to learn how to use MeyersGaz.org and Kartenmeister.com to get the details of the German and Polish names of your town and its higher jurisdictions.
- Watch the General Resources portion to learn how to check for parish registers using
- Watch the Pomerania portion, which begins at 28:52 minutes.
Online Record Collections[edit | edit source]
See German Online Genealogy Records. Databases cover indexed Germany birth, marriage, and death records; biographies; cemeterie; censuses; emigration, immigration, and passenger lists; land records, military records, newspapers, obituaries, probate records, and town genealogies.
BYU German research class, online, no charge[edit | edit source]
See also German Research, a free, in-depth online course through Brigham Young University, by Larry Jensen.
Websites that assist in finding and using genealogy records for German ancestors.
Research Websites for Pomerania (Pommern)[edit | edit source]
Archives and Libraries[edit | edit source]
Addresses[edit | edit source]
Church Records[edit | edit source]
- Archion, Cooperative of protestant archives ($)
- Archives Portal Europe
- Addresses for Polish parishes
- Catholic Diocese of Poland
- Information regarding church records
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
- Address finder for Civil Registration offices in Poland (USC)
- Pommerscher Greif e. V., Association for Pomeranian Family and Local History.
- Go to Forschung > Famillienforschung > Standesamt online or Kirchenbuch online > Find your Kreis >Parish
- Pomerania Genealogical Association Indexing project.
- Go to "PomGenBase". > Search "PomGenBase". > Select "Christenings", "Marriages", or "Deaths”" > Use drop-down menu to see list of locations. > Select a locality or search in all localities. > Restrict your search using "Years". > Enter at least a "Surname". > Change "Search Method" to "similar". > Click "Search".
Emigration and Immigration[edit | edit source]
Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
- Place name listing
- Kartenmeister Place name finder which provides German and Polish names of localities, as well as other researchers of that village
- Index of German-Polish and Polish-German names of localities in Poland and Russia
- Prussian Emigration Records in Polish Archives
- PolishWorld.com site with lots of Polish information
- PolandGenWeb site
- Pommeranian genealogy helps
- Researchers in Pommern Collaboration Lists
History[edit | edit source]
- History of Prussia
- The History of Poland
- Polish timeline
- Pommern-Land by the Sea- a site about Hinterpommern, which is now part of Poland, contains history, culture, genealogy, and other information with more Internet links
- Pommern History and genealogy website
- The counties in Pommern 1913
Maps[edit | edit source]
Periodicals[edit | edit source]
Regional[edit | edit source]
- Research in the Körlin region
- Research in the Kreis and City Bütow
- Research in the Greiswald area
- Kreis Cammin
- Church district Stralsund
- The Kreis Schlawe in Pommern
- The Kreis Cammin in Pommern
- The Kreis of Stolp
- Stolp family history
- Kreis Neustettin