Pipe Ridware, Staffordshire Genealogy
Guide to Pipe Ridware, Staffordshire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Pipe Ridware, Staffordshire|
|County||Staffordshire, England Genealogy|
|Poor Law Union||Lichfield|
|Parish registers: 1561|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1659|
|Probate Court||Court of the Peculiar of Alrewas and Weeford|
|Location of Archive|
|Staffordshire Record Office|
Parish History[edit | edit source]
Pipe Ridware St James was formed from a former chapelry of Alrewas, Staffordshire Genealogy into a parish from 1726.
RIDWARE, PIPE (St. James), a parish, in the union of Lichfield, N. division of the hundred of Offlow and of the county of Stafford, 4¾ miles (E.) from Rugeley. 
Resources[edit | edit source]
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Staffordshire BMD have indexes for births marriages and deaths. Due to March 2011 reorganisation of the registration service for South Staffordshire districts the historical registration indexes for this district have been located at the Newcastle under Lyme registration district (formerly held at Lichfield) and applications for certificates need to be directed there. Please refer to the "Updates" page of Staffordshire BMD for further information.
Church records[edit | edit source]
Pipe Ridware parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|BIVRI = British Isles Vital Records Index (Ancestry) - (£)|
|FMP = Staffordshire Parish Register Collection (findmypast) - (£)|
|FS = FamilySearch - free|
|PALL = Pallot's Marriage Index (Ancestry) - (£)|
|PIPE RIDWARE PARISH (1561) Online Records|
Deposited parish registers at Staffordshire Record Office Bap1562-1982 Mar 1561-1982 (part Bishop's transcripts) Bur 1561-1998
Lichfield Record Office holdings of Bishop's Transcripts Bap 1659-1865 Mar1659-1835 Bur 1659-1865 Missing Bap/Bur 1837-1848, 1850-1852, 1857
Many of Staffordshire's Parish Register entries have been transcribed in full by Staffordshire Freereg and can be searched for free.
Census records[edit | edit source]
- 1532/3 - A List of Families in Pipe Ridware, Staffordshire Genealogy 1532/3 FHL British Book 942.46 B4sc ser. 4 v. 8
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Poor Law Unions[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Staffordshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
[edit | edit source]
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Websites[edit | edit source]
Reference[edit | edit source]
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 665-668. Date accessed: 05 November 2012.
- 'British Isles Vital Records Index - 2nd Ed. Breakdown of Records', Genoot, accessed 11 September 2013.
- 'Staffordshire Parish Records Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 23 July 2014.
- 'IGI Batch Numbers for Stafford (N-Z), England', IGI Batch Numbers - British Isles and North America, accessed 23 September 2013.
- Pallot's Marriage and Birth Indexes, Guide to Parishes. Digital version at FamilySearch Digital Library.
- Ann J. Kettle, A List of Families in the Archdeaconry of Stafford, 1532-3 (Stafford: Staffordshire Record Society, 1976). FHL British Book 942.46 B4sc ser. 4 v. 8