Pica, Tamarugal, Chile Genealogy
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Guide to Commune of Pica ancestry, family history and genealogy: birth records, marriage records, death records, church records, parish registers, and civil registration.
History[edit | edit source]
- The Spanish found and conquered the city of Pica in 1556 and its parish was created in 1620.
- It was the headquarters of the Tenientezgo de Tarapacá.
- After the Independence of Peru in 1821, the entire Department of Tarapacá became part of Peru.
- In 1883 he joined the Republic of Chile.
- On December 22, 1891 the municipality of Pica was created.
- The commune has a population of approximately 4,200 people. .
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
- Chile Civil Registration, 1885-1903-Click on the link to see the records’ availability.
Parish Records[edit | edit source]
- Registros parroquiales, 1651-1973 -Click on the link to see the records’ availability.
- Chile, Marriages, 1579-1930 - en MyHeritage ($)
Cemeteries[edit | edit source]
Localities[edit | edit source]
- Quebrada Blanca
- Valle Quisma
- Puquío Núñez
- Santa Rosa
References[edit | edit source]
- Wikipedia Collaborators, "Pica," In Wikipedia: The Free Encyclopedia, https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pica_(Chile) . Visited 15 November 2017