Pequot War, 1637
|Pequot War, 1637|
History[edit | edit source]
The Pequot War was fought between colonists of southern Connecticut and the Pequot Indians of southern Connecticut.
Records[edit | edit source]
- Mohegan (allied with colonists)
- Narragansett (allied with colonists)
General Society of Colonial Wars
The General Society of Colonial Wars was established in 1893. Membership in the society requires that the member be a male at least 18 years of age and be able to show direct lineage to an ancestor who served in the Colonial Wars. See General Society of Colonial Wars for more information on the society and its records.
Websites[edit | edit source]
The following Internet sites have information about the Pequot War:
- http://www.dowdgen.com/dowd/document/pequots.html (maps)
References[edit | edit source]
- Wikipedia contributors, Pequot War, 1637, (accessed 31 March 2012).
- Family History Library US/Canada Consultants, "US - Military, 1637 - Pequot War : History,"in LAD Release 4.1, Family History Library, 2004, mjm.