Pennsylvania Cemetery Records - FamilySearch Historical Records
|Access the Records|
Pennsylvania Cemetery Records, ca. 1700-ca. 1950
|This article describes a collection of records at FamilySearch.org.|
|Flag of Pennsylvania|
|Location of Pennsylvania|
|Record Type||Cemetery Records|
|Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Family History Department|
- 1 What is in This Collection?
- 2 What Can These Records Tell Me?
- 3 Collection Content
- 4 How Do I Search This Collection?
- 5 What Do I Do Next?
- 6 Citing This Collection
- 7 How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
What is in This Collection?[edit | edit source]
This collection contains an index to records from various cemeteries within the state of Pennsylvania. The year range represents most of the records. A few records may be earlier or later. In the search results, the document information will include the Digital Folder Number. You can search in the FamilySearch Catalog with the Digital Folder Number in the "Film/Fiche Number" search box to view the catalog entry.
Image Visibility[edit | edit source]
Whenever possible FamilySearch makes images and indexes available for all users. However, rights to view these data are limited by contract and subject to change. Because of this there may be limitations on where and how images and indexes are available or who can see them. Please be aware some collections consist only of partial information indexed from the records and do not contain any images.
For additional information about image restrictions see Restrictions for Viewing Images in FamilySearch Historical Record Collections.
What Can These Records Tell Me?[edit | edit source]
The following information may be found in these records:
- Name of the deceased
- Date of death
- Place of burial
- Date of birth
- Names of Parents
- Name of Husband or Wife
Collection Content[edit | edit source]
Sample Images[edit | edit source]
Coverage Table[edit | edit source]
For an inventory of all the films/digital folders in this collection see Pennsylvania Cemetery Records Inventory - FamilySearch Historical Records.
How Do I Search This Collection?[edit | edit source]
Before searching this collection, it is helpful to know:
- Name of the person
- Approximate date of the event
Search the Index[edit | edit source]Search by name on the Collection Details Page.
- Fill in the search boxes in the Search Collection section with the information you know
- Click Search to show possible matches
How Do I Analyze the Results?[edit | edit source]
Compare each result from your search with what you know to determine if there is a match. This may require viewing multiple records or images. Keep track of your research in a research log.
What Do I Do Next?[edit | edit source]
I Found the Person I Was Looking For, What Now?[edit | edit source]
- Add any new information to your records
- If available, check the image for additional information
- Use the information to find the person in other records
- Analyze the entry to see if if provides additional clues to find other records of the person or their family
I Can’t Find the Person I’m Looking For, What Now?[edit | edit source]
- The person may be recorded with an abbreviated or variant form of their name
- Try searching by surname only
Research Helps[edit | edit source]
The following articles will help you in your research for your family in the state of Pennsylvania.
- Pennsylvania Guided Research
- Pennsylvania Record Finder
- Research Tips and Strategies
- Step-by-Step Research
- Sexton Records
Related Family History Library Holdings[edit | edit source]
- Cemetery Records of Pennsylvania
- Herbert G. Gearheart, comp. Pennsylvania gravestone inscriptions collection.
Related FamilySearch Historical Records Collections[edit | edit source]
- Pennsylvania Deaths and Burials
- Pennsylvania, Obituaries
- Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Greenmount Cemetery Records, 1880-1966
- Pennsylvania, Pittsburgh, Allegheny Cemetery Records, 1845 - 1960
- Pennsylvania, Schuylkill County, Schuylkill Haven, Funeral Home Obituary Cards, 1914-2007
Citing This Collection[edit | edit source]
Citations help you keep track of places you have searched and sources you have found. Identifying your sources helps others find the records you used.
The citation for this collection can be found on the Collection Details Page in the section Citing this Collection.
When looking at a record, the citation can be viewed by clicking the drop-down arrow next to Document Information.
How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?[edit | edit source]
|We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Historical Records/Guidelines for Articles.|
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.