Papworth St. Agnes, Cambridgeshire Genealogy
Guide to Papworth St. Agnes, Cambridgeshire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Papworth St. Agnes, Cambridgeshire|
|Poor Law Union||Caxton|
|Parish registers: 1558|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1599|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Ely|
|Location of Archive|
|Cambridgeshire Record Office|
Parish History[edit | edit source]
PAPWORTH ST. AGNES (St. John the Baptist) is a parish in the union of Caxton and Arrington, partly in the hundred of Toseland, county of Huntingdon, but chiefly in that of Papworth, county of Cambridge, 4 miles SSE from Huntingdon.
Resources[edit | edit source]
Find Neighboring Parishes[edit | edit source]
- Type the name of the parish in the search bar
- Click on the location pin on the map
- Choose Options from the pop up box
- Click "List Contiguous Parishes" to find the neighboring parishes
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Church Records[edit | edit source]
Church of England[edit | edit source]
Due to the increasing access of online records:
- Individual parish coverage for databases in this table are inconsistent and should be verified
- Dates in the following table are approximate
Hover over the collection's title for more information
|Papworth St. Agnes Online Parish Records|
|FamilySearch Parish Registers-Huntingdonshire|
|Bishop's Transcripts - FamilySearch Catalog|
|Find May Past-Huntingdonshire ($)|
|Ancestry Extracted Church of England Parish Records-Huntingdonshire ($)|
|Ancestry-England & Wales, Birth, Christening, Marriage and Death Indexes ($)|
|Databases with Known Incomplete Parish Coverage|
|Boyd's Marriage Indexes-FMP (Free)|
|National Burial Index-FMP (Free)|
These databases have incomplete parish coverage.
- Joiner Marriage Index - Huntingdonshire ($)
- The Genealogist Parish Registers - Huntingdonshire ($)
- UK Websites for Parish Records - Links to online genealogical records
- Online Genealogical Index - Links to online genealogical records
Non-Conformists (All other Religions)[edit | edit source]
- 1717 England & Wales, Roman Catholics, 1717 at FindMyPast ($), index and images
Census Records[edit | edit source]
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Probate Records[edit | edit source]
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Cambridgeshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Websites[edit | edit source]
Papworth Agnes on GENUKI
References[edit | edit source]
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England 1848. Date accessed: 20 August 2013.