Oxfordshire, England Genealogy
|Oxfordshire Wiki Topics|
Guide to Oxfordshire ancestry, family history and genealogy: birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, parish registers, and military records.
County Information[edit | edit source]
In 1887, John Bartholomew's Gazetteer of the British Isles described Oxfordshire like this:
"Oxfordshire, south-midland co. of England, bounded N. by Warwickshire and Northamptonshire, E. by Bucks, S. by Berks, from which it is separated by the Thames, and W. by Gloucestershire; greatest length, 60 miles; greatest breadth, 30 miles; area, 483,621 ac., pop. 179,559. Most of the co. is level, but there are gentle undulations of surface, rising to 836 ft. at Broom Hill in the NW., which is the highest point of land. . . ."
Parishes[edit | edit source]
A B C D E F G H I K L M N O P R S T W Y
Use an interactive map to find jurisdictions for each parish in Oxfordshire.
Civil Registration Districts[edit | edit source]
Websites[edit | edit source]
- Ancestry.co.uk now has indexed data from Oxfordshire parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials.
- RootsChat Oxfordshire Resources and help pages. (Free).
- Oxfordshire Surnames Listings
- Online Genealogical Index
- Kingston Bagpuize with Southmoor
- Heritage Search: Provided courtesy of the Oxfordshire County Council