Otis, Berkshire County, Massachusetts Genealogy
(Redirected from Otis, Massachusetts)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Town Clerk[edit | edit source]
Brief History[edit | edit source]
Migration[edit | edit source]
Migration routes for early European settlers to and from Otis, Berkshire County, Massachusetts Genealogy included:
- Catskill Road from Springfield, Massachusetts to Catskill, New York 1750s
- Hampden and Berkshire Turnpike from near Springfield, MA to the Becket Turnpike at Becket, MA; toll booths open from 1829 to 1852; now I-90.
- Massachusetts 10th Turnpike 1800
References[edit | edit source]
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), 847-61. WorldCat entry; FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- Frederic J. Wood, "The Hampden and Berkshire Turnpike" in The Turnpikes of New England and the Evolution of the Same Through England, Virginia, and Maryland (Boston: Marshall Jones, 1919), 203-205. Internet Archive version online.