Oregon, Lane County Marriage Records - FamilySearch Historical Records
|Access the Records|
Oregon, Lane County, Marriage Records, 1852-1921
|This article describes a collection of records at FamilySearch.org.|
|Lane, Oregon, |
|Flag of Oregon|
|Location of Lane County, Oregon|
|Location of Oregon|
|Lane County Historical Society & Museum, Oregon|
- 1 What is in This Collection?
- 2 Collection Content
- 3 How Do I Search This Collection?
- 4 What Do I Do Next?
- 5 Citing This Collection
What is in This Collection?[edit | edit source]
This collection contains marriage records for Lane County, Oregon, for the years 1852 to 1921. This collection contains digital images for three books, and each book holds:
- An index
- Affidavits (license)
- Certificates of marriage
Digital images of the original records are held by the Lane County Historical Museum located in Eugene, Oregon.
Image Visibility[edit | edit source]
Whenever possible FamilySearch makes images and indexes available for all users. However, rights to view these data are limited by contract and subject to change. Because of this there may be limitations on where and how images and indexes are available or who can see them. Please be aware some collections consist only of partial information indexed from the records and do not contain any images. For additional information about image restrictions see Restrictions for Viewing Images in FamilySearch Historical Record Collections.
Collection Content[edit | edit source]
Sample Image[edit | edit source]
How Do I Search This Collection?[edit | edit source]
Before searching this collection, it is helpful to know:
- The names of the bride and groom
- The approximate date of marriage
Search the Index[edit | edit source]Search by name on the Collection Details Page.
- Fill in the search boxes in the Search Collection section with the information you know
- Click Search to show possible matches
How Do I Analyze the Results?[edit | edit source]
Compare each result from your search with what you know to determine if there is a match. This may require viewing multiple records or images. Keep track of your research in a research log.
What Do I Do Next?[edit | edit source]
I Found the Person I Was Looking For, What Now?[edit | edit source]
- Add any new information to your records
- Search for other vital records, such as birth and death on a state or county level
- Search for the family in census records
- Search for land, or immigration records, if applicable
I Can’t Find the Person I’m Looking For, What Now?[edit | edit source]
- If your ancestor does not have a common name, collect entries for every person who has the same surname. This list can help you find possible relatives
- If you cannot locate your ancestor in the locality in which you believe they lived, then try searching a nearby locality
- Try different spellings of your ancestor’s name
- Remember that sometimes individuals went by nicknames or alternated between using first and middle names, or even initials
Research Helps[edit | edit source]
The following articles will help you in your research for your family in the state of Oregon.
Related Family History Library Holdings[edit | edit source]
Related FamilySearch Historical Record Collection[edit | edit source]
- Oregon, County Marriages, 1851-1975
- Oregon Marriage Records, 1849-1952
- Oregon Marriages, 1853-1935
- Oregon Marriage Index, 1849-1884; 1991-2006
Related Digital Books[edit | edit source]
Citing This Collection[edit | edit source]
Citations help you keep track of places you have searched and sources you have found. Identifying your sources helps others find the records you used.
The citation for this collection can be found on the Collection Details Page in the section Citing this Collection.
When looking at a record, the citation can be viewed by clicking the drop-down arrow next to Document Information.