Nynehead, Somerset Genealogy
Guide to Nynehead, Somerset ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Hundred||Taunton and Taunton-Dean|
|Poor Law Union||Wellington|
|Parish registers: 1670|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1598|
|Diocese||Bath and Wells|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Taunton|
|Location of Archive|
|Somerset Archives and Local Studies|
Parish History[edit | edit source]
NINEHEAD, or Nynehead (All Saints), a parish, in the union of Wellington, hundred of Taunton and Taunton-Dean, W. division of Somerset, 1½ mile (N. by W.) from Wellington.
Resources[edit | edit source]
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Church Records[edit | edit source]
Nynehead, Somerset Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|NYNEHEAD PARISH Online Records|
|FREG||1605-1699, 1769-1812||1605-1812||1605-1699, 1769-1812|
Non-Conformists (All other Religions)[edit | edit source]
- 1717 England & Wales, Roman Catholics, 1717 at FindMyPast ($), index and images (coverage may vary)
Census Records[edit | edit source]
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Probate Records[edit | edit source]
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Somerset Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Websites[edit | edit source]
Contributor: add any relevant sites that aren’t mentioned above.
References[edit | edit source]
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 416-421. Date accessed and adapted: 20 March 2013.
- Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Digital Library.
- 'Somerset Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 17 October 2013.
- 'Somerset Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 18 October 2013.
- 'Somerset Marriages', findmypast (WayBack Machine), accessed 30 April 2014.
- 'Parish Records - National Burial Index Records 1538 - 2005 Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 17 October 2013.
- Pallot's Marriage and Birth Indexes, Guide to Parishes. Digital version at FamilySearch Digital Library.